Sunday, July 3, 2011

The End

Well, as you can clearly tell, I don't have much to say here at this blog anymore. Since my job has censored me and I'm not allowed to talk about that anymore, I find myself truly struggling for post-worthy inspiration. I could tell you all about my crazy adventures, like for instance I'm leaving today to spend 8 days in the Boundary Waters, hoping for moose, wolf and loon spottings, as well as my first adult fishing experience, which needs to go well because we don't want to starve. Or I could tell you about my lame attempt at farming my own food. Or any of the other silliness that comprises my existence. However, these things are beter relegated to Facebook statuses and not posts on a blog I don't even feel connected with anymore.

If you'd like to hook up with me through Facebook, send me an email and we can do that. Otherwise, I'd like to say thank you to all my loyal readers for years and years and years of support and shared frustration.

I know this post is a poor excuse for a closing, but it's the epitome of my ambivalance toward the whole matter these days. Perhaps one day I'll revive it. Perhaps I'll begin writing somewhere else. Or perhaps it's a completed chapter in my life.

I love you all and thank you again for all the ways you made me feel like part of a bigger community of understanding, shared misery, and mostly a common interest in sarcasm and poking fun at the things that threaten to make us nuts. Without the warped sense of humor I think we all have in varying degrees, life would be so much heavier, so much less fun, and the insanity we all deal with everyday would begin to overtake us. So keep it up, don't stop laughing, find humor where it seems there isn't any, know you're not alone, and don't let the Black Holes get you down too much.

If I don't hear from you, have a wonderful life, thanks for joining me on this wild ride, and I wish for you all the best in the world.

Peace.

8 comments:

Jane in Edmonton said...

Thanks for the laughs and all the best in future!

Anonymous said...

Peace. I've enjoyed a lot of your stories. Hoped to hear more of them. Will the last one out please turn off the lights?

ChiLibrarian said...

I miss you already! Happy trails, Happy Villain.

Natalie said...

One of my favorite blogs in my reader, gone?!? I think I'm going to need a minute....

Anonymous said...

I haz a sad.....it's kind of like the end of an era. I was drawn to your blog because of my interest in libraries and managed to find a life long friend in you.

One of these days I will have a PLANNED layover at the airport and we can finally exchange "fleeces" in person!

VA sends.

The Hag said...

Best of luck to you, HV. I'll miss you. I can remember sitting at my desk at my version of the library-from-hell, laughing so hard at your posts and spitting coffee all over the keyboard.
If I can get over my Facebook paranoia, I'll send you an invite.

Trevonia said...

So sad to see this end. Long time lurker but felt very kindred. Sucks about the work thing. I have strong opinions about anonymity on the web. I have no idea which library you work for so I feel you should be allowed to say what you want without fear of persecution. I've been officially censored at work before for essentially the same thing (pseudonymous blog - no names, places etc).

Time to go deeper down the rabbit hole!

Anonymous said...

Oh. Well I can't be anon on FB so farewell, best of luck to you & your brother.