Thursday, May 21, 2009

Google Doodle

Have you noticed the Google logo today?

Do you want to feel better about the future?

Go look (here) at what the kids drew when Google challenged them to doodle what they wish for the world into a Google logo. About half-way through I was crying and laughing at the same time. Leave it to the kids to put things into perspective.

Sooooo many wanted to save the animals, and one drove it home with a title "Animals Deserve a Lifetime To". I couldn't believe how many wished for greener living! And they also wanted peace, or they wanted people to be nice to one another. Some wanted to bring dinosaurs back or to have a pet dragon, which cracked me up, and one just drew a huge dog, and strangely, I totally get wishing for the world a big puppy. Some wanted really noble things, like housing for everyone, education, healthcare, a cure for breast cancer, an end to world hunger, and an intriguing one that wished for safety -- makes you wonder what is going on in their lives to prompt this. There were a couple wishing for art, music and a party. But overall, they were really touching.

So, if you had the time and the artistic abilities, what would you doodle as your wish for the world? I bet adults would doodle much different images than the children.

I think I'd go with the puppies theme. Puppies make everything better.

3 comments:

BeckEye said...

Puppies do make everything better. And champagne.

I really liked the winning doodle. It's since been replaced with the Mary Cassatt's birthday doodle, which is pretty cool also.

Leelu said...

Everything is not better with puppies. Sleep, for instance. It's not yet six in the morning and I've been up for an hour already. :-/

Rachel said...

I do so want a puppy...
But the one that got my attention was the Nano tech in space! Not exactly something I'd expect from a kid, but right up my alley :)